An AI creator community.
A new platform bringing the power of AI image-creation to new communities.
We worked with a Seattle-based startup to bring a new kind of image generation app and community to life. Designing in stealth-mode we worked in close partnership to create a new app experience including UX, interaction design and the UI design system.
High quality AI-image creation is still the preserve of a minority of creators with specific and often technical toolsets. This new platform merged the idea of AI image creation with a social community. The resulting app makes it drop-dead easy for anyone to create an image using a prompt, photo or sketch. The power of the platform is amplified with followers of your creations being able to easily remix, iterate and create new creations based on the original inspiration.
As the app prepares for launch in 2024, ZeroSixty’s UX, motion, and UI team were asked to help reimagine the user experience at every stage of the app, bringing in branded moments, new interaction ideas and helping bring a high-quality launch ready design system to life.
- Design an app that redefines how AI-images are created and shared
- Improve the experience for efficiency and speed of creation
- Help define branded interactions that people will love
- Prepare the app for launch early 2024
We worked closely with the start-up team in short weekly sprints. Our mission was to quickly reorient some of the vision concepts from the founder and design a robust but unique experience. Working closely with the founder and his management team our process was iterative, rapid and based on mutual challenging and rethinking of existing assumptions.
Starting with levels of UX fidelity we moved our sprints into visual and motion design, prototyping interactions and discussing options as a result.
The app had to be familiar, quick to create, and drop-dead easy for friends and followers to both see and remix the images created.
Privacy and ethics were a critical part of the user experience. We focused on ease of creation but also adding protection for personal privacy and ensuring all image remixes had the express permission of the original creator. To do this we designed permission loops, and quick privacy options at the point of posting and recreating.
- We redesigned the vision experience from the ground up
- We defined a new design system and experience for the development team of the startup in 8 weeks
- Our work inspired the founder to rethink some key moments in the experience
- The new design will be developed further gaining further investment for 2024